In my opinion, the most interesting firsts are those that can help the society in any aspect that affects all of us, as, for example, the health.
Recently, we have been talking at school about blood donations. I have learned that we haven´t got enough blood for all the people who, after having suffered an accident or an illness, need it.
This is why Spain often needs to import blood from other countries, nowadays from the United States of America.
However, reaching the necessary blood account wouldn´t be a problem if people was more conscious about the big importance and the meaning that their donations have. I mean, an adult human body replaces the half litre of blood that is taken in each donation in the previous two hours. So, it isn´t unhealthy for nobody.
I have found on the internet a record guiness related to this that I consider quite interesting (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/human_body/body_parts/largest_blood_donation.aspx).
In this case, this blood donation has attracted 17921 donors. I think we must do the same and colaborate with this problem.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment