Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What's your carbon foot print?




















Go to the BBC news page to calculate yours. Then go to Conservation International and see what you can do to improve your negative impact on the planet.

Finally, make a comment here about your carbon foot print result and your ideas on what to do about it.

4 comments:

alvaro said...

The last day in class, I did a test of what is my carbon foot print, and the results are clear.
I get 2,6 tonnes a year, a half of a normal person of UK. I´m in the right way in order to save the enviroment.

Maybe there are several things that I can do in order to reduce that pollution. I should go to the university on foot everyday, but sometimes it´s imposible, and finally if i got the bus, it would be better.

I would try to do it....

Anonymous said...

Comparing my total to the average annual emissions of CO2 for personal use of about 5 tonnes, i can say that i look after the enviroment much more than english people as i only emit 1.15 tonnes a year.
This could be because i don't have car and i usually go everywhere on foot.
However i know that i can do much more things to lower this amount of emissions.

harry77 said...

I've just done the test and my result is that my annual total emission is of 0.21 tonnes.
According to Mayer Hillman if we want to save the enviroment we should emite less than a tonne so is clear that I am doing O.K.
Probably the main reason of my result is that i havent got car so I always use the public trasport (underground, bus....) to go to the university, to go out with my friends..... Maybe when I get a car I won't obtain such a good result in the test...

Anonymous said...

I only get 0,7 tonnes every year,as Mayer Hillman says for preventing emissions contributing to highly-damaging climate change, we must reduce them to less than 1 tonne, so i contribute with this universal problem.

Perhaps i could do a lot of things to save the planet,for instance i shouldn't use all the time the public transport,i could be more careful turning off the lights at home or drinking more water from reusable glassware.